Novak Djokovic has been playing some awesome tennis recently, and coincidentally he has been using a new HEAD tennis racket: the YouTek Speed MP.
Finally, a “Smart material” technology that morphs to a tennis players unique requirements. Speed kills, check out the DMV’s website for actual facts proving this. But in tennis it’s highly desired. It’s no wonder the new generation of tennis players want speed in their hands. With the launch of Head’s Youtek Speed series, athletes can now obtain it, as the this racket line is aimed at a diverse set of players chasing the no longer elusive combination of touch and explosive power.
The Speed series is powered by YOUTEK(TM), which combines superior technologies to give you the individual benefits you need to match your playing style. Not only does YOUTEK(TM) meet your individual needs but it enhances your performance on the court and brings out the best in “you.”
“Whether your game is aggressive and adventurous or observant and smooth like butter, these technologies will enhance every player’s performance,” said Kevin Kempin, vice president of sales and marketing for HEAD Penn Racquet Sports. “With YOUTEK(TM), HEAD is taking racquet technology to a new level.”
Youtek Technology: The Speed series is equipped with HEAD’s new Youtek (not youtec), which combines different technologies to allows the racquet to adapt to every shot you hit.
d3o Technology: The d3o™ technology is able to sense the needs of the players during different strokes (it’s able to adapt to you). on high-speed impacts (aggressive shots), the smart molecules lock together within nanoseconds and dramatically increase the stiffness of the whole racquet frame to provide maximum power. On slow-speed impacts (slice or drop shots), the d3o™ molecules absorb the impact to provide a softer touch for better feel. What does this mean to a tennis player? Passing shots are even harder and drop shots more precise, rewarding your spontaneity and supporting your courageous decisions.
- HEAD Grommets with Teflon friction reducing polymer:
- The Teflon® friction reducing polymer provides a low-friction contact surface, enabling the strings to slide through the grommets with nearly no friction. Moving without resistance, the strings maintain their energy during ball impact, providing more power.
- During the stringing process, the Teflon® friction reducing polymer in the grommet system allows more even and consistent tension. The HEAD grommet system takes this friction away allowing a more true tension providing larger sweetspot!
The Youtek Speed series includes the following:
* Youtek Speed Pro racquet – The weapon of choice for HEAD player and World No. 4 Novak Djokovic (The wilson line seemed to cause injuries for him). This is a heavy racquet with a very thin beam for exceptional touch and feel during play. Has an orange grip standard.
* Youtek Speed MP racquet - 16/19 & 18/20: The new design is for heavy hitters with a long, fast swing style and is available in two different string styles to accommodate a wide range of players. Has a white grip standard.
* Head Youtek Speed Elite racquet – Designed with a slightly wider beam for more power, the Speed Elite is a Tour light version for the avid tennis player. Has a white grip standard.
* Youtek Speed Lite racquet - The lightest racquet in the series, this model provides a perfect combination of power, maneuverability and control for those players with a moderate swing style. Has a white grip standard.
* Head Youtek Junior racket - All the power of the youtek designed for the junior player. Based on the Speed Lite, the Speed Jr. combines power and control and appeals to any youngster who wants to play like Novak Djokovic. The racquet features full YOUTEK(TM) features including d3o(TM) for top quality at the junior level.
Here are some questions I have for our readers:
- Will this be the first racket that has near organic properties?
- Can the racket slowly die and lose its ability to respond to the player?
- Will the d30 molecules slowly learn and creat an artificial intelligence to play without you even swinging the racket?